Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Struggle


A friend of mine posted this to Facebook, and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I think the idea stems from people just not being in a place emotionally where they can start a healthy relationship for whatever reason, and based on personal experience, that has some merit. But I also see the argument they're getting at, that people can pick up all your broke peices and make you feel whole again, and that in and of itself creates and strong connection. I just can't stand poetic, airy statements just for the sake of it, I find them untangible and unrelatable. I think maybe we're more capable of love than we think, and it's possible that at our weakest moments, we learn the most about ourselves. 

This one resonated with me:





No comments:

Post a Comment