Friday, March 6, 2015

Floating

So last night, Aleisha and I used coupons we had for Cloud 9 float spa, for a two hour float in a sensory deprivation chamber. 


This is the one I used, with only 11 inches of salty water in it. As I was given the tour for my first float, she asked if I had any questions, and I said actually if she wouldn't mind her taking my picture once I get in, I have this blog, might be good promotion for them..blah blah blah. I'm imagining me, with all my long hair floating around me..you know, very artistic and all. She gives me this weird look, "well I can, but you'll be naked..." Too artistic. "Why make laundry?" She says.


So I'm not allowed to shave, no make up or products of any kind, and now I'll be naked to boot. So hairy me climbs on in, and I'm not going to lie, I had to calm myself down when the lid shut. And this is going to sound silly, but I was surprised how much I floated! No effort needed. I just succumbed to the water. I even turned the lights off and fell asleep! Note to self, so not itch nose if one wishes to avoid intense stinging sensation. I did find it impossible to turn off my inner monologue, I spent most of my time composing this blog mentally. I expected to write how my 30 second float, and my appreciation for small spaces, but I surprised myself. 

Even funnier was talking to Aleisha in the car after. "Well I won't do that ever again.." She found it boring. And the thudding I kept hearing near door was her splashing around in hers. We both felt pretty new age about the whole hinge, I can't imagine most people from my grandparents generation jumping on board. Save the endless supply of salt in my ears, I did quite enjoy myself to my surprise. And not to mention my shoulder I buggered at work yesterday actually feels better today, whether or not that had anything to do with it...try anything once right? Keep clam, float on readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment