Tuesday, November 27, 2018

I wish for this

I’d just run into a lovely man I went to high school with and his family. His ADORABLE family, beautiful wife, adorable daughter dotting a muddy buddy, even the fluffy dog. I was driving home when an inspirational quote popped into my brain, just as a pain of jealously was about to enter my heart.


How many of these do we read on a weekly basis these days? But this one I FELT. If I was to let myself be envious of this guy, whom I remember to be a solid human being, then I couldn’t be happy for him. 

This whole revelation was still on my mind when I came home to a sleeping Jonathan, and decided to make him coffee. As I was pouring the water in, the time flashed at me. 11:11am. A friend of mine always encouraged me to make a wish then. But when I thought of what I wanted to wish for, it was this. Weekend day morning snuggles, coffee and tea with Jon, my person. My #sexysidehustle to look forward to later on. 



My dad used to get so excited for drinking coffee with his wife in bed on weekends, giddy like a school girl. I never understood it then, but I do now. 

I’m not where I thought I’d be in my life by now, and the struggles were rough, but it lead to this. And this is pretty freaking awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment