Monday, February 27, 2012

Clean window = bad day for birds

Today while Aleisha was studying in the living room, a bird hit our front window. When Aleisha looked out, it lay quivering on the lawn. We were both slightly dramatized, and decided to take it to the Animal Hospital, just in case it was dying. Apparently, wild birds don't like shoe boxes. When I tried to nudge it into the box, I guess it decided my arm was less threatening. I'm not sure who was more weirded out by the whole thing.


But when we did get it in the box, and drove to the vet, it flew out of the box as soon as we opened it. My friend Zoe at the Animal Hospital said they would feed the bird, and let it loose in a few hours, but chances are it would be just fine. I snapped this shot in the examination room. Fly away little birdie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment