Friday, October 25, 2013

Dear sir

Its interesting talking to people about perspective when it comes to aging. When I was a kid, I used to think my parents were old, and my grandparents were ANCIENT, (love you Grams!) and  they were only in their sixties then. It's funny how now, only a handful of years later I hear about someone in their late fifties dying in car crash and my first though is, "gawd, they were so young!" It's even funnier talking to my grandma, who detests being called, "dear". Or even my uncle who said, "I didn't start to feel old until girls your age started calling me 'sir', then it hit me"  Also how differently people age, how my active grandparents in their seventies look and act more youthful then people younger than them. This all coming from a 25 year old, who evidently looks younger than 19, with gray hair. Dad had it right, grow old, but never grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment