Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Likeness

It's probably taken me too long to realize this, but sometimes people don't like you, and there's not a thing you can do about it. Anyone who knows me well knows its makes me uncomfortable when I know someone doesn't like me, and I'm observant and hypersensitive, so I'm rarely wrong. The recent revelation for me is that now I believe people have that right. They don't need me in their face trying to figure out why, or what I did to make them feel that way, or trying to change something about myself to make them change their mind.

Maybe they have their reasons, maybe they don't, maybe they don't make sense, but that's ok. Its a character flaw in me that sometimes its not ok. No amount of being overly nice, thoughtful or anything else is going to change that, and probably just reinforces their feelings of distaste.


People have been telling me this in some form or another all me life, but it just clicked. For one I'm generally pretty happy, and I'm a morning person, both of which annoy some people right off the bat. There's always going to be people who don't like you, and I've always known that, but now I think I'm fine with it, without it being a reflection on them either. I've always admired people who had so much confidence, they didn't give a care in the world when people clearly don't like them, and I doubt I'll ever get to that point, but consider this new leaf turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment