Monday, February 9, 2015

Surprised by a song

When I first heard Let your hair down by Magic, I was entranced. The lyrics got me. "Baby let your hair down, let me run my fingers through it..." which, little known fact, I LOVE it when people play with my hair. Not strangers who tuck tags in, ew. My mom says when I was a baby, she'd run her fingers over my scalp and my eyes would roll back. I'm not going to lie, not much has changed since then. But then he goes on, "we can be ourselves now, go ahead be foolish, no ones on the clock now, lying in the simple moments, you don't gotta worry now..." *sigh* I'm in. 

But then I wanted to hear the song at home, and watched the youtube video. And found this. 


A skinny guy with bad dances moves, and long hair. 


...and then he ran his fingers through it. 


..and again. I'm not in. I'm definitely out. Sorry Magic, you're just really not my type. 


Not even if you give me those puppy eyes. Nope. I hear the song now and I laugh a little to myself that I was so taken away by your words. That being said, I had the complete opposite experience last night when I inadvertently watched a little of the Grammy's. I don't go out of my way to watch any tv, but I just happened to be watching when Ed Sheeran performed Thinking Out Loud. Now lets be clear, I LOVED this song before I saw his performance....


but...Uh....he's a GINGER??? With piercing blue eyes?? AND AN ACCENT?? I'd seen the music video before, but then I realized, IT'S HIM DANCING IN IT!! 


How freaking romantic was that? I watched the behind the scenes, he never danced before attempting this!!


He was doing lifts, and catchy moves...I agree with his choreographer, he NAILED this video.  


And yes. I do wish that brunette was me. If I lost 30 pounds, and could actually move to a beat, which is even more ludicrous than loosing 30 pounds. I don't even care that your name is primarily taken up by 72 year olds, Ed - you are my new "one". The get out of jail free card you get in any relationship where if you had the chance to jump into bed with any celebrity, who would it be? I'm in Ed. You got me. 

PS: I hope you appreciate all the screenshots. This was not an easy task! But for you reader, and for Ed, it was worth it. ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment