Sunday, November 1, 2015

Waiting for a fairy tale

I realized suddenly, I'm no longer waiting for my Prince Charming to show up and sweep me off my feet. I'm not a damsel in distress that needs saving. I don't want someone to take care of me. I want to meet someone as an equal, a partner in crime to tackle life with. Lately, I'm not even sure the traditional adults goals apply to me anymore: the husband, house, kids and dog. I'm not entirely convinced that I fit that cookie cutter, which shouldn't surprise anyone. I used to think people who didn't want any number of those things were quite odd, doesn't everyone? And now I might be one of them. I'm not sure what this wild ride has in store for me next, but I've opened my mind a little more to other possibilities. My life isn't a romantic comedy. I refuse to think about my dream wedding, and try to find a groom who fits it. It will be an afterthought, if it feels right for both of us. If he crashes into my life, I'll let love in, but I'm willing to bet it'll look a little different than I oringinally imagined.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment