Friday, January 22, 2016

Dating "advice"

It's no secret that my dating posts always get the most hits, and I've been told my dedicated followers (hey grams!) get at least a little disappointed when I change my Facebook status from single. But here's a weird after effect of writing about dating, people seek advice like I'm some sort of expert. "Uh, did you actually read it?" If anything, I'm a reverse roll model, and reading about my online dating experiences should have you exhausting every other avenue before trying it. Which is exactly when I told two people in my life when they asked me which site to use. Don't! Join a club. Go to a random event with people you don't normally hang out with. Take up a hobby, and go meet people who enjoy that too. Like taking pictures of birds? There's a whole underground community for that! Do an event. Volunteer. Go out of your comfort zone. Try zip lining. You might find yourself having fun as a happy aside...


But be ready for rejection. It's a tiger I've had a hard time tackling lately. I've discovered a whole new go to phrase equivalent to "let's be friends" or "I'll call you". Another knee jerk reaction that comes out when you're not saying what you mean. "I'm not looking for a relationship" I'm calling bullshit gents. May as well finish that sentence by adding "with you" on the end. I don't care what you think you are or aren't looking for, your SOULMATE comes along and you're all, "sorry doll face..." Yea right. I ain't her, that's fine. I just feel like no one wants to be alone forever, so I'm not what you're looking for, or what I have to offer isn't jiving for you, but when she does comes along, she'll be worth throwing all that out the window for. All bets WILL BE off. That being said, I'm looking for a little more harmony in my life...


1 comment: