Monday, June 20, 2011

Male Strike

I bet my boyfriend Greg hasn't even noticed there's a mail strike. It all started when he needed his care card for something, and pulled it out in pieces and puzzled it together. "You know you just have to print a form and they'll send you a new one right?" So I printed the form, and I even put a stamp on an envelope and put it together for him. And it sat. For weeks. So finally I filled out the papers, wrote on the envelope and sealed it. I put it in his hand as he was heading out the door and told him where the nearest mailbox was. A few months later he lost his wallet and said, "Good thing I never sent away for that care card!" He unearthed the battered envelope, sporting a dirty foot print, from his glove box. I refused to mail it, but come to think of it, I don't remember seeing the new card in his wallet...

No comments:

Post a Comment