Thursday, February 7, 2019

#SelfLove

I posted on my Facebook yesterday, "I'm taking today for me. I'm being selfish. I'm not doing anything for anyone else today, JUST ME. #selflove" So I thought it might be fun to do a small recap of what that looks like for me. So I got up at 4am to go to the gym.


Yes folks, that's JUST THE BAR you're looking at, we all gotta start somewhere. And then I took a nap. When I got up, I made some energy bites for my training ride.


Got all my gear, loaded up the bike.


My plan was to quickly fill my tires that had been sitting for the better part of a year with my little hand pump and be off. When the hand pump didn't work, I drove to the gas station who's air attachment also didn't work. We laughed with my team because the two "amateur" riders both had their tires filled with compressors. And off they went without me.


I was so disappointed about the whole thing, I took another nap. I woke up when Jon got home, and made me dinner, even though I was the one with the day off. #boyfriendoftheyearaward. 


After dinner I went to our first night of Surrey Dodgeball League, with my old team name and logo back out for another spin. 


So in summary, it would appear my form of self care is exercise, interrupted by lots of sleep. In case you don't believe me, I have FitBit stats to back me up. I slept 10 hours and 58 minutes yesterday. Just short of 11 hours.



Not going to lie, that's pretty much my favourite feature of FitBits, and the one I'm most proud of. Yea, I'm kind of active, but I can sleep like a BOSS! 






No comments:

Post a Comment