Sunday, February 17, 2019

Wine & Sushi

Here's a picture of Jon from last weekend, when I got the bright idea to WALK to and from our sushi dinner. Not any of the dozen sushi places around our house, the one at the bottom of the hill by SilverCity Cinemas. I needed to get my steps in for the day, and I'd already dragged him out for a walk anyhow. "Lets be crazy, lets just walk there!" I was definitely regretting my decisions on the way back, most of the way up Marmont hill...


Anyways, it was actually out for this dinner that I told Jon the story of when dad made it his mission in life to get me to like wine and sushi. I'd have been in my early twenties, still living at home with them. I'd go to the wineries with them in Salmon Arm, and try them, but never liked them. When he'd drag me out for sushi, I'd get beef teriyaki. To be fair, I still don't eat the raw fish, but I could live on wine and vegetarian sushi.  

It also occurred to me that dad was always hoping I'd meet a guy like Jon, I just wish they could have met. He'd have had a HAY day with Jon, and visa versa. And yet, I'd not be the same person I am today, without the experiences I've had, and maybe it's some of those things that make us so compatible. Either way, wherever dad is, I hope he knows he succeeded, and I imagine him smiling down on us when I took this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment