Sunday, April 24, 2016

Elevator people

I used this term when I first moved into my building for the random people in the elevator I would run into, and ask hard hitting questions. "Where do I get a laundry card?" 


Just recently though, I ran into the neighbour directly above me late on a Saturday we were both doing laundry. I had plans, I got stood up ok? 😜 

Anyways, she was telling me all about the building gossip, the neighbours everyone seems to have issues with, who just so happen to be directly beside me. Go figure. And before you assume some of my shinanigans have been blamed on them, I assure you that's not the case. 

She also asked me about the plumbing I had done the weekend I moved in because her sink was shaking. I told her next time anything like that happened, to just come down and knock on my door, I'll clear it up right away instead of waiting three months. 

She asked me if my parents owned the place, and I was just living here. I smiled super wide. It could have been because she knew the older couple that owned it before me, but I'd like to think it's because I look to young to own my own place. 

Then she says, "oh I'm glad I met you, and you're pretty normal and everything." And I looked at her straight in the eyes and said, "oh, I'm sorry I gave you the wrong impression, I'm as weird as they come." 

And you should have seen the look on her face...

No comments:

Post a Comment